A jungle safari theme is fun, practical, easy to organize, and will create a lasting memory for that special mommy-to-be and family. It is also a gender neutral theme, so it’s perfect for a boy or a girl.
When considering a baby shower safari theme, the natural inclination is to create a jungle-type environment filled with wild animals such as tigers, monkeys, snakes, and various exotic birds; but when you examine the word “safari,” which means expedition, trip, or search, you quickly come to realize that with a safari theme you are only limited by your imagination!
Keeping inline with the title of our page, we will construct the perfect baby shower safari theme party using the classic jungle safari theme, but you can use this “template” as a guide while brainstorming your own unique twist. Here is a small list to help conjure up ideas of a jungle to get your creative juices flowing:
Selecting your baby shower theme is the critical first step in the planning process, and will help you narrow down the staggering variety of baby showeri invitations to choose from. There are literally 10,000s of baby shower invitations, from the truly elegant to the whimsical!
There are some companies that allow you to customize your baby shower invitations online. To help, we have compiled a list of companies that provide invitations. A good baby shower safari invitation should do more than provide the date, time, and venue, but will also include part or all of the following:
- inform guests of a theme, if any;
- whether the baby will be a boy, girl or if the parents are waiting till the birth;
- whether there is a registry;
- RSVP contact information;
- given by;
- what to bring, i.e. items for baby shower games, etc.
Jungle Animals Baby Shower Invitations – Set of 20
The invitation we’ve selected for our jungle safari theme is from Amazon.com entitled, “Jungle Animals” that will suit our needs nicely.
For the DIY, we’ve provided instructions below to create your very own, personalized baby shower safari invitation .
Here is how to get started. If you are a newbie to the process, do not let yourself be intimidated by this essential task. The DIY-er can pull off a creative and stylish invite — the trade-off is your time and talents. Here are some helpful hints:
- Keep it simple – using the suggested content above, answer the questions: WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, and WHY?
- Simple format – align the info so that it’s presented, ideally, all on the same page. Your invitee should be able to get the needed shower info quickly with an at-a-glance format.
- Include wildlife photos – you can find a huge selection of free stock photos online to stylize your invitation. Here is a short list of websites. Just copy & paste the address into your search window.
A catchy rhyme or a few witty lines can really make your invitation SIZZLE… especially if YOU created it yourself. This sample that we’ve thrown together may help you discover an as-yet-undiscovered talent for creative script. Sample Invitation:
Life is truly an expedition
An adventure into the unknown
The forecast for a shower is certain
For a baby to call their own!
Join us to celebrate the start of Lisa & Mark’s adventure!
Saturday, November 22, 2011
6pm @ Excursion Headquarters (aka “My Place”)
Our safari theme promises to
entertain and promote fond memories for all!
Contact Kim @ 555-1333
RSVP detours only
(Our adventurers are registered at Babe-mart)
That should get you started in the right direction. See our invitations section for more ideas on baby shower invitation wording.
For our baby shower safari jungle theme, we will use a multi-colored scheme for the decorations. The core colors in our color scheme will be brown and green to give our theme more of a “jungle” feel to it, but you can easily incorporate more pink or blue into the jungle decoration color scheme, depending on whether the baby will be a girl or boy.
When using a jungle theme we don’t have to be rigid in our interpretations, and can afford to take a liberal amount of artistic license. For instance, you will not find a zebra or giraffe in your typical jungle setting, but it is difficult to deny their appeal, so feel free to incorporate them into the theme.
One of the simplest ways to achieve a jungle feel is to decorate the tables with jungle-themed table settings. I found a beautiful set of plates, napkins and cups decorated with jungle animals from Amazon.com that will add a nice splash of color.
|Jungle Safari Lunch Plates
|Jungle Safari Cups
- Spruce up the party area with theme colors incorporated in the tablecloths, tableware, and centerpieces. Even better, to get more bang for your buck, use a neutral, multi-use color tablecloth (e.g. white, off-white, beige, or even green) and have the color-theme prevail in the tableware and centerpieces.
- Keep the centerpieces simple and use what is on-hand. Consider a combination of any of these suggested items:
- Start with the jungle-themed plates, cups and napkins;
- Potted plants, greenery from your garden or neighborhood area;
- Small stuffed animals or little animal figurines (to avoid unnecessary dramas, assure your little one that they’ll be returned) placed around the plants;
- Guests’ party favors; and
- My personal favorite, a dessert sampling platter!!! (I make sure I sit within arms-reach of these sweet treats.)
- All-time party standards work too (confetti, balloon, streamers, etc.).
- Mimic what’s been done to the Guest Tables, but add some extra pizzazz!
- Make the centerpieces a bit bigger, more lush. The idea is to give our guest-of-honor the extra attention she deserves!
Guest of Honor Chair:
- If it is in the budget, get some animal-print material to drape over the chair.
- Barrel-o-monkeys readily available? Use this to drape on the chair or table.
- Using raffia, secure small to medium sized plush animals like monkeys or birds to the high back of the chair for a Queen-of-the-Jungle flare.
- If LARGE (and small) plush animals are available, position them strategically throughout the party area as they make wonderful jungle decorations. Most of these can be requisitioned for by family and friends.
- Anyone able to make balloon animals? A few of these roaming about the party would add a whimsical touch.
- Keep it simple. Use off-white or beige tablecloth. The jungle-themed foods will provide all the color appeal you will need for an appetizing buffet.
- Ideally, gifts for the mommy-to-be should be placed on a table near the guest of honor. This is also a great place for the centerpiece as it ties in the theme of the event. With numerous jungle decoration options available, consider incorporating a jungle animal diaper cake into the theme — it’s functional and adorable!
Although diaper cakes have been around for many years, interest in the unusual craft has surged in popularity due to its appearance at celebrity baby showers, TV shows and the internet.
Considered the perfect gift for the mommy-to-be, crafting a diaper cake presents limitless possibilities to fit any baby shower theme. You can easily run up a hefty tab building a diaper cake, so get 1-3 other people to share the cost with you and really splurge.
Remember, besides being a wonderful eye-catching centerpiece that will tie the whole jungle theme together, a diaper cake is a practical and functional gift that will provide many of the necessities the mother-to-be will need for weeks or even months to come after the birth of her baby.
Playing Baby Shower Games will introduce a fun atmosphere that will make guests feel comfortable, especially when there is a mixture of family and friends who are strangers to one another.It is important to find the right balance when incorporating games into your schedule of activities – too many games will leave little time for guests to mingle or spend quality time pampering the Mother-to-be.
I suggest sticking with 1-2 baby shower games. Choose one game that does not require all guests to be present, but can easily include new guests as they arrive. Select a second, more involved game that can be played when everyone is present.
But I must caution you: Once you have successfully hosted a baby shower - and you will after carefully following our instructions - you WILL be asked again and again to host every future baby shower. Expectations will be high, so you’ll have to ramp-up your repertoire in order to duplicate your previous success.
Fortunately, with the enormous amount and variety of baby shower games found in the bundle, you will at least have this base covered for any and all future baby shower hosting gigs, regardless of the theme you choose.
The games bundle is a great value that will continue to serve your baby shower hosting needs for years to come. Click Here to Buy your baby shower games today.
Like with any endeavor, the question is “where to begin?” Although shopping may be fun for many, it’s always nice when one can keep it simple. With that in mind, here are a few gift items to consider.
Baby Layette Sets are a practical way to offer a gift to the baby and mother-to-be.
The French origin of layette means small box, and these pre-packaged items include baby necessities, cover the gamut of gift possibilities, are often budget sensitive, and the pre-packaging is often reusable.
Search “Baby Layette Sets”, which offer a great selection and range in pricing (under $20 at Amazon.com).
Baby showers aren’t what they used to be — they’re better! These days, baby showers are big and stylish romps that bring together friends and family, with fresh themes and lots of visual pop to help everyone mark this life-changing event. Whether your Mommy-to-be’s style is preppy, retro or somewhere in between, there are certainly baby shower favors to rock it! Here’s a cute find from Amazon.com:
NO MORE MONKEYS JUMPING ON THE BED!!
Known for their extreme curiosity and kooky behavior, monkeys exude mischief.
These baby shower safari favors will make a great memento of the fun everyone had at the shower.
The mommy-to-be has a lot on her plate, and one way to alleviate some of the burden is to help her with the Thank-You cards. You can do this yourself, but I would recommend that you assign someone to keep track of each gift that is being opened by the mommy-to-be, and who gave the gift. It will be nearly impossible for the mommy-to-be to remember who gave what, so keeping track of this for her will be a huge blessing when the time comes to write those Thank-You cards.
Additionally, you could provide pre-addressed, stamped envelopes for the mommy-to-be (from the invites list) for each guest that attended, or did not attend, but did contribute in some way to the baby shower. Include a note with details about each person she will be sending a Thank-You card to inside of the corresponding envelope (unsealed, of course).
The outpouring of love and support from everyone involved in the baby shower can make even the most elegant Thank-You card inadequate. The details that you record of each individual, and her contribution to the baby shower, from her gift, food item, participation in games, or even something she said that made the guest of honor smile or laugh will be the inspiration the mommy-to-be will appreciate most when it comes time to express her sincerest gratitude to those closest to her… not to mention the stress she will be spared. Just imagine how you would feel receiving a Thank-You card like that!
Here is a Thank-You Card to match our Jungle Animals Invitation, however, it doesn’t have to match — any Thank-You card will do. Remember, it truly is the thought that counts, and you can make it special by following our tips.
If you found our Baby Shower Safari Theme Guide helpful, please support us by sharing our website with your friends.